Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sensing Success??

The first night in the toddler bed was a little rocky.  When I went in to check on her she had fallen asleep by her door.  Moved her over to her bed and there she stayed until morning.

Last night went a little smoother.  She was crying at the door for a few minutes but then it faded.  A peek a little later found a sleeping child on her pillow and blanket.

Tonight, we were just two bachelorettes to get dinner and cleaned up.  We caught up on our DVR’d Martha Stewart and read a few books.  She started acting tired so I asked her if she was ready for bed?  She climbed in and grabbed her milk.  I thought she had gone to sleep but I can’t be sure since she usually babbles to herself before she falls completely asleep.  I don’t want to jinx this, but we really thought this would take a week for her to get acclimated to her new set up. 

I have been trying to get more organized and worked on our meal plan for the next week.  One of the perks of blogging and finding blog link ups is there is something for everything.  Crafting, cooking, organizing, finances, blogging.  I found some really neat stuff, I just have to watch myself that I don’t get into a time suck. 

Today I stumbled on to what I think will be a great resource.  I have meal planned before but inevitably every week I ask B what sounds good and he shrugs his shoulders.  This suggested making a list of your favorite, go-to meals.  She suggested 21-30 to get started.  I made a list of 17.  There are  few more recipes I want to try and hopefully add to the list.  I don’t think I could plan out meals for the whole month but having the list should inspire me each week.

I also love our crockpot and if we had more storage space I would have several.  Especially during this time of year when I am working late, it is so nice to come home to dinner being basically ready.  Since we have half a beef in our freezers and some newly acquired pork I have really been trying to cut down on our chicken consumption.  For each cut of beef I have been hunting for new recipes so that I am a) cooking them right and b) we don’t get bored with the same things.   Luckily, even some of my improvisations have turned out pretty good.  I have always thought I was a picky eater, and I am, but I have concluded so is my hubby.  Unfortunately, our tastes don’t always mesh.  But we have broadened our horizons and hopefully we will make Willa a well-rounded eater.

0 comments: