Tuesday, March 6, 2012
There was a new baby born in the Moylan family and we had to wait until he was here to find out who he would be. Willa and I moseyed on up to Joann's and found these cute fabrics that despite being apart of the same line were not grouped together. So I felt pretty pleased with my self that I put them together despite the challenge.
I skipped the Accu-quilt this time because I knew I wanted bigger squares than what I had, so I used the rotary cutter to cut 8 1/2 inch squares. My parents were here and taking advantage of free child care I set the machine up at the kitchen table and pieced it together. After Willa went to bed, my mom helped iron and pin it the batting. She then helped me quilt it. I had stitched the ditch on a previous quilt, but saw some where they stitch outside the ditch so I did just that about 1/4 inch on either side of the seams. I used the plaid fabric to cut the binding and it was done. Pretty neat to finish the entire thing in one night.
I took advantage of some coupons and got a yard of each of the fabrics, which was about 1/2 too much on the one with the animals.