I am super pleased that my little blog Moylan Mayhem has won a Versatile Blogger award! It was presented to me by my friend Liz over at Our Busy Bee. I have only met Liz one time but over the last year and a half I have come to consider her a wonderful friend. We “met” via a pregnancy message board when we realized we both lived in GTF, were military wives, and due around the same time. Cute little Audrey was born a week before Willa and they have spent the last 16 months hitting milestones and keeping us on our toes. Pretty much every post of Liz’s I just nod my head in agreement and wonder how she got in my head.
I have never received an award, so it’s nice to know there is someone out there reading.
How it works is that I tell 10 things about myself that people may or may not know. Then I pass the award onto 7 other bloggers whom I want to participate.
My 10 things:
- It may come as no surprise, but I love to craft. I am starting to get addicted. Every time I see something cool on a blog I wasn’t to try. I have excel spreadsheets of links to crafts, recipes and decorating designs I want to try. But accepting the addiction is the first step to recovery right? I am working on having attainable expectations and finishing what I start.
- We have so many books in our house I think we could start a library. I re-read all of my books practically and have such a hard time parting with any of them. I also remember a lot of them. Usually not titles, which is frustrating when I buy and start reading a new book, and one paragraph in I know I have already read.
- My friend JP, in retaliation for getting her hooked on Alias I think, got me addicted to Harry Potter. I held out for a long time, waiting until after the last book came out. Which was fortunate for me because I plowed through all 7 books in 2 weeks. I have since re-read the series at least 3 times and now own all the movies.
- I am the world’s biggest procrastinator. It’s mostly because everything has to be all or nothing. It must done completely and has I envision it. Cleaning for example. I always want to declutter, reorganize, and make it sparkle. As soon as I realize that is unattainable, I shut down and don’t want to do it.
- There is nothing better in the world than a long, hot shower. I could spend an hour just standing under the water I think. Mostly, I try to be very conscious about the environment, but I throw it out the window when it’s time to shower.
- I really wish there was a class I could take to learn how to do my hair. I would love to be one of those gals that looks put together all time. I know several of them. I just want nice hair that isn’t frizzy and has some style that doesn’t take hours and a stylist to do. Is that so much to ask?
- I think my fashion style has greatly improved over the years. I had no style in high school, but after we got married and I started working at JCCS I really started caring and paying attention to the world of fashion. I can smugly say that I have even helped/inspired a few co-workers expand their horizons as well with a few of my bold choices. Plus everybody knows about my fun handbags too. Now if I could just find that person to help me get my whole look together I would be in business.
- B calls me a hippie liberal, but I am fairly confident in my moderate ways. Depending on the topic, I dabble to the left or right, but mostly I am just very open-minded. One of my mottos is your rights end where mine begin. So as long as your are not breaking laws or harming people I think people should be able to do and believe what they want. It kind of drives me crazy when people try to force their beliefs on to others, but that is a topic that could stir quite the debate, so I will leave it at that.
- Since getting pregnant and becoming a mom, I am more emotional. I used to not be a crier and now I can tear up at commercials! I think things just affect me different now because of the new perspective I have. Before, I could just block it out and not let it bother me but now, I am just a big old empathetic, sympathetic mush.
- It’s very ironic that one of the easiest thing I have ever done (saying YES when B proposed), brought the most change to my life. Accountants really don’t care for change you know. We like things to be all neat and tidy. It takes me a long time to decide to do things and I am not very spontaneous.
- Jenny P from Me. She is one of my best friends and I would not have had the most awesome sporting experiences at KSU without her. I was truly blessed to have her as a neighbor and then a roommate to get me out of my room and out to the games! I live vicariously through her life in NYC and her travels across the world.
- Sarah or SEW from The Life of Me. Another KSU “roomie” that helped rock my years at KSU. She is blogging more this year and I am loving it. Her and her B just bought a new house and I am so giddy to watch her redecorate.
- Dr. JCF from The Backwoods Arkansas Veterinary Times. Our fourth roomie and the most studious I think. She rocks the DVM behind her name and we want her to blog more!
- My favorite red head, my cousin Megan from Dangerously Dunn. She is new to the blog world and I can’t wait for her to dive in.
- Another cousin, the artistic Paula Nichole at My Art. Life in Letters. She is fantastically talented and the mom to the cutest little girl who is about to become a big sister!
- 6. Last but no least in my little tagging……Kayleigh! She harasses me enough to update my blog, it’s time for her to get one of her own. She has been dating my brother for three years now!