Saturday, February 11, 2012

Crayon Melts

I have been having issues with Blogger, I am sure this post will be lovely.  But I am giving up and posting as is. 




Last summer Willa and I scored a cookie tin full of crayons at a garage sale for 50 cents. She uses them all the time so we are forever picking them up at the end of the day. Mimi this week was tired of picking up broken crayons so immediately I began Operation Melt Crayons. The hardest part was taking them all out of their wrappers. I have the coolest silicon shapes so we used those instead of the muffin tins. Set the oven at 250 and wait patiently for 15 minutes. It took about 15 more minutes for them to cool. We were pretty impressed but Willa wasn't willing to share with Mimi so that she could take some home with her.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried twice to get one from her but she really liked them. Best idea ever for broken crayons, I had no idea they would turn out that good. I bet next time Mimi comes out there will be more broken and we will get to make more.