Wednesday, June 15, 2011


Willa and I headed to Kansas on Thursday and I had hoped to do a full post on the entire thing, but now I am too tired.  So cliff notes:

Thursday:  She traveled so well on both flights, but was very unhappy to have to get in the car after being cooped up for 5 hours.  This is her last trip flying on my lap so it will be interesting to see the next time how she rides in her car seat.

Friday: We went to the Deanna Rose Farm for a few hours and had a blast.  Bottle-feeding the baby goats was probably the best and Willa wasn't scared of anything.  Plus we ate at Jalapenos and went to Hobby Lobby.  Willa surprised everyone by eating salsa with a fork.

Saturday: I went garage saling with my Grandma, cousin and aunt.  Didn't get much but we had a good time.  Then Willa and I went to B's grandparents 50th wedding anniversary.  I think it's pretty cool that we both have a set of grandparents that have been married that long.  Mine are well on their way to 60 years.  That night I went out with some of my cousins and we spent the night reminiscing, telling stories, and contemplating Kim writing a book about it all.  We hope to do it again and include a few more of our cousins.

Sunday: We drove to Missouri for my Grandma's family reunion.  We didn't know many people but it was fun to see those we did.

Monday: This was supposed to be a relaxing day but we did some running around to see more people and then I had friends travel to see me!  It was so nice to see JCF and SEW and get to catch up with them too.

Tuesday: We traveled back to GTF and it wasn't as smooth as the ride their.  She got more squirmy the longer we were on the plane and we weren't as fortunate to have our own row with full flights.  She didn't eat well and refused to nap which is a terrible combination.  It culminated into a 10 minute screaming session while we sat on the tarmac.  The most helpful flight attendant offered her cups to play with, like that was going to make her stop.  Puh-lease.  Luckily, she finally went to the sleep and so did I.  Our nice seatmate was very encouraging and praised me for staying calm as he said many moms he has seen panic and the kid never goes to sleep.  But we made it home and B had flowers for me and we ordered a pizza.

Our house is a disaster and we are still pretty tired, but that is life and we will deal with it.  For B's birthday today, he made dinner and it was delicious.

We had a great time seeing everyone and it seems like we crammed in a ton like we always do, but it was nice to sleep in our own beds and be home with 'Sco, Belle, and B.